Train - How To Catch
Train is the second best method, but not recommended, of getting to Niseko (Kutchan Station is actually the closest station to the lodge). Please also note Ramat Niseko does not offer lodge transfers between Kutchan Station and the lodges. You will need to independently arrange transport, such as a taxi or bus to the lodge from the train station. To see more information, see below.
CATCHING THE TRAIN AT NEW CHITOSE AIRPORT
1 – COLLECT LUGGAGE AND GO TO THE JR STATION
Please go to the New Chitose JR Station Map to see detailed information about the location of the JR Station.
2 – BUY TICKET TO KUTCHAN STATION
Tickets can be purchased at either the Automatic Vending Machines or via the Information Desk. Please be aware you usually have to swap trains at Otaru Station before continuing on to Kutchan Station.
3 – CATCH TRAIN TO KUTCHAN STATION
ARRIVING AT KUTCHAN STATION
1 – ARRIVE AT KUTCHAN STATION
2 – ORGANISE A TAXI DIRECTLY TO THE LODGE OR BUS TO MID-TOWN
A taxi will cost you approximately ¥2,500.
- The Taxi rank is located out the front of Kutchan Station (see photo’s below)
- Jump in a taxi
- Provide them with the address of the lodge you are staying
- Ramat Niseko – 20-10, Niseko Hirafu 5-jo 3-chome, Kutchan-cho
- Snowgum Lodge – 20-23, Niseko Hirafu 5-jo 3-chome, Kutchan-cho
- Pay driver with either Cash or Visa/Mastercard
The bus will cost 300yen and can only be paid in cash.
- The Bus stop is located out the front of Kutchan Station (see photo below)
- Enter Bus via the rear door
- Take a numbered ticket from the machine on the right hand side near the door (inside the bus)
- Ride the bus to Midtown Niseko
- Exit the Bus via the front door
- Put the numbered ticket and 300yen in the machine next to the bus driver’s seat
- Midtown Lodge to Ramat Niseko
- Call the lodge (Ramat Lodge – 215 088 or Snowgum Lodge – 212 555) for a pick-up from Midtown Niseko, or
- Walk from Midtown Niseko to Ramat Lodge (see Google Map Link)
KUTCHAN TO NEW CHITOSE AIRPORT
You will only need to catch the train from Kutchan Station to New Chitose Airport if you have an early flight out of New Chitose Airport that you can’t make by bus.
SCHEDULE YOUR TRAIN JOURNEY
Use the Train Journey Planner link below to schedule your journey.
You can’t book train tickets in advance. Tickets can be purchased at either the Automatic Vending Machines or via the Information Desk on the day of travel at Kutchan Station.
GETTING TO THE TRAIN STATION
As Ramat Niseko does not offer lodge transfers between Kutchan Station and the lodges you will need to arrange transport to the train.
The best option in early morning will be a taxi. Hachiriki Taxi company takes bookings for specific pick-up times. You will be able to make this booking with our Ramat Lodge team when you are in Niseko.