Still current at: 25 February 2021
Updated: 25 February 2021
Please note the below information could change at anytime, accordingly Ramat Niseko accepts no responsibility for any adverse consequences of this information.
With the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continuing to make an impact around the world, we are taking a number of steps to prevent the spread of the virus so we can continue to provide accommodation to our valued guests.
At Ramat Niseko the health of our staff, guests and their family members are our top priority. Our strategy to manage COVID-19 aligns with the advice and information given by the Japanese Government, Australian Department of Health and the World Health Organisation.
We are constantly monitoring the situation and will update this page with any new information.
Table Of Contents
Flights To and From Chitose Airport
There has been a significant number of flights cancelled during the pandemic. Please check with your airline regarding your flight’s status.
There are also changes to who is allowed into the country, in particular stopping people who have recently visited certain countries. Please check the below links for up to date restrictions.
Chitose Airport – http://www.new-chitose-airport.jp/en/
Japan Travel – https://www.japan.travel/en/coronavirus/
Transport To and From Chitose Airport
Currently trains and buses between Chitose Airport and Hirafu (Niseko) are operating. There are some COVID restrictions such as spacing (resulting in less people on each service) and masks being recommended.
Train Operations – http://www2.jrhokkaido.co.jp/global/index.html
Access to the Mountain, Ski Lifts and Ski Runs
For the 2020-21 season most lifts will be running at half capacity and a few lifts in Grand Hirafu will be closed. See below links for more detailed information.
Another item worth noting is that the Grand Hirafu Shuttle will not be operating this season. The best way to get around will be the Niseko United Shuttle which operates every 2 hours currently. See the latest timetable link below.
2020-21 Ski Lifts Operation Detail – https://www.nisekotourism.com/news/entry/grand-hirafu-operating-schedule-2020-21-winter
Current Ski Lift Status – https://www.niseko.ne.jp/en/niseko-lift-status/
Niseko United Timetable – https://www.niseko.ne.jp/en/niseko-access/#shuttle
Restaurants and Bars in Hirafu (Niseko)
Current information suggests most bars and restaurants will be operating for the 2020-21 season but with COVID restrictions. This will be a case by case basis and guests should enquire directly with their preferred bar or restaurant.
Processes For Guests
To date we have received no notification of any previous guest of Ramat or Snowgum lodges being diagnosed with COVID-19.
If you are diagnosed with coronavirus after leaving the lodge please inform us ASAP via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then take appropriate steps to inform all relevant parties.
As a guest, if you meet any of the below criteria you must not visit the lodge. We will provide a full credit to use on accommodation at our lodges within 3 years.
- Those who are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, headaches
- Those who have tested positive for COVID-19 must not visit until they have been provided with written medical clearance
- People who, in the 14 days prior to check-in have travelled to a country or region at High or Moderate risk for COVID-19 – These are the same as the ‘Areas Subjected To Entry Ban‘ listed by the Japanese Government listed at https://www.japan.travel/en/coronavirus/
- Those who have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or who has been directed to self-quarantine for 14 days
SELF ISOLATING at our lodges is NOT ADVISED. We do not run in-room dining, have no in-room kitchen facilities, nor do all rooms have private toilets or bathroom facilities and therefore your self-isolation responsibilities cannot be met.
- All guests upon check-in will be temperature checked. If you have a fever you will not be permitted to check-in.
- All guests will have temperatures checked daily. If you have a fever you will have to follow instructions of the local health centre.
- Social distancing must be observed throughout the lodge with different groups.
- Guests must sit where the tables are placed in the dining room and not move them.
If you have ANY of these symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Had close contact with someone diagnosed with or suspected of having coronavirus in the 14 days before getting sick
Please do the following:
- Inform staff at the lodge
- Apply a face mask supplied by our staff
- Isolate yourself from other people
- If you are in a bunk room our staff will see if a private room is available for you.
- Call the Japan national hotline on 050-3816-2787
- Follow advice of the hotline. If you are advised to seek medical attention, please follow their directions.
HOW CAN WE ALL HELP STOP THE VIRUS
We all have a responsibility to reduce the spread of coronavirus. There are 6 ways we can all help stop the spread of viruses:
- Clean your hands regularly with soap and water (for around 20 seconds), or an alcohol-based hand rub if soap and water are not available
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing – dispose of tissues immediately and wash hands
- Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth
- Stay home if you are unwell
- Social Distancing – stay 1.5m away from people and avoid gatherings of large groups of people
WHAT IS RAMAT NISEKO DOING
Given the current information, Ramat Niseko has implemented the following protection measures and will continually update these as the situation progresses:
- Temperatures taken daily and staff that record a reading above 37.3 °C, or who display cold symptoms will be asked to self-isolate and follow directions of medical professionals.
- Staff awareness training on COVID-19
- Information regarding strategies to prevent transmission of the virus been placed in all common area (i.e. hand washing, good hygiene practices)
- Clear directions will be provided to any guests who display cold symptoms of what to do, and who to contact next. This includes being provided a medical mask
- Expand on our already stringent health and safety measures to maintain a safe and hygienic environment for all guests. This includes:
- Additional cleaning with hospital grade disinfectant
- Disinfecting daily high traffic surfaces such as main door handles, light switches, reception, bar and communal areas.
- Provide extra hand sanitisation stations and information on best hand washing practice.
- Suggest social distancing to guests and maintain a distance of approximately 1.5m apart at all times
- Tea and coffee making facilities – it will be compulsory that guests wash their hands immediately prior to using the tea and coffee facilities
- Winter Breakfast
- Removal of buffet style breakfast items
- Individual portions of cereal placed in covered containers for guests
- Hot food (porridge, bread, sausages, eggs, etc) served individually by staff to guests
- Summer Breakfast
- No buffet styled breakfast
- All food served individually by staff to guests
- Winter Breakfast
- Van Pickups
- Hand sanitiser provided for guests to wash hands prior to getting into van
- Numbers of people will be restricted to meet spacing guidelines
- Groups of friends or family members travelling together will be allowed in the van at the same time