Still current at: 31 March 2020
Updated: 26 March 2020
Please note the below information could change at anytime, accordingly Ramat Niseko accepts no responsibility for any adverse consequences of this information.
With the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continuing to make an impact around the world, we are taking a number of steps to prevent the spread of the virus so we can continue to provide accommodation to our valued guests.
At Ramat Niseko the health of our staff, guests and their family members are our top priority. Our strategy to manage COVID-19 aligns with the advice and information given by the Japanese Government, Australian Department of Health and the World Health Organisation.
We are constantly monitoring the situation so we can amend our procedures as new information surfaces.
Table Of Contents
Flights To and From Chitose Airport
Currently there is no change to normal operations of Chitose Airport.
Chitose Airport – http://www.new-chitose-airport.jp/en/
Transport To and From Chitose Airport
Currently there is no change to normal operations of trains or buses between Chitose Airport and Hirafu (Niseko).
Train Operations – http://www2.jrhokkaido.co.jp/global/index.html
Access to the Mountain, Ski Lifts and Ski Runs
Currently there is no change to normal operations of the mountain. All lifts and village shuttle services are operating as per normal.
As we are now in spring, please note that village shuttle services have reduced in frequency and the Hanazono Shuttle has ceased operation.
Ski Lift Operation – https://www.niseko.ne.jp/en/niseko-lift-status/
Restaurants and Bars in Hirafu (Niseko)
Due to the impact of reduced visitors to Niseko some restaurants and bars in the village have closed earlier than normal.
Hokkaido State Emergency
The Hokkaido State of Emergency is no longer current. Guidelines however still remain in place, such as social distancing and processes if you show COVID-19 symptoms.
Local Council – https://www.town.kutchan.hokkaido.jp.e.acx.hp.transer.com/
Processes For Guests
To date we have received no notification of any previous guest of Ramat or Snowgum lodges being diagnosed with COVID-19.
If you are diagnosed with coronavirus after leaving the lodge please inform us ASAP via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then take appropriate steps to inform all relevant parties.
As a guest, if you meet any of the below criteria you must not visit the lodge. We will provide a full credit to use on accommodation at our lodges within 3 years.
- Those who are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, headaches
- Those who have tested positive for COVID-19 must not visit until they have been provided with written medical clearance
- People who, in the 14 days prior to check-in have travelled to a country or region at High or Moderate risk for COVID-19 – including but not limited to China, Italy, Iran, South Korea, Spain, France, Germany, United States, France, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- Those who have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or who has been directed to self-quarantine for 14 days
SELF ISOLATING at our lodges is NOT ADVISED. We do not run in-room dining, have no in-room kitchen facilities, nor do all rooms have private toilets or bathroom facilities and therefore your self-isolation responsibilities cannot be met.
If you have ANY of these symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Had close contact with someone diagnosed with or suspected of having coronavirus in the 14 days before getting sick
Please do the following:
- Inform staff at the lodge
- Apply a face mask supplied by our staff
- Isolate yourself from other people
- If you are in a bunk room our staff will see if a private room is available for you.
- Call the Japan national hotline on 050-3816-2787
- Follow advice of the hotline. If you are advised to seek medical attention, please follow their directions.
HOW CAN WE ALL HELP STOP THE VIRUS
We all have a responsibility to reduce the spread of coronavirus. There are 6 ways we can all help stop the spread of viruses:
- Clean your hands regularly with soap and water (for around 20 seconds), or an alcohol-based hand rub if soap and water are not available
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing – dispose of tissues immediately and wash hands
- Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth
- Stay home if you are unwell
- Social Distancing – stay 1.5m away from people and avoid gatherings of large groups of people
WHAT IS RAMAT NISEKO DOING
Given the current information, Ramat Niseko has implemented the following protection measures and will continually update these as the situation progresses:
- Temperatures taken daily and staff that record a reading above 37.3 °C, or who display cold symptoms will be asked to self-isolate and follow directions of medical professionals.
- Staff awareness training on COVID-19
- Information regarding strategies to prevent transmission of the virus been placed in all common area (i.e. hand washing, good hygiene practices)
- Clear directions will be provided to any guests who display cold symptoms of what to do, and who to contact next. This includes being provided a medical mask
- Expand on our already stringent health and safety measures to maintain a safe and hygienic environment for all guests. This includes:
- Additional cleaning with hospital grade disinfectant
- Disinfecting daily high traffic surfaces such as main door handles, light switches, reception, bar and communal areas.
- Provide extra hand sanitisation stations and information on best hand washing practice.
- Suggest social distancing to guests and maintain a distance of approximately 1.5m apart at all times
- Tea and coffee making facilities – it will be compulsory that guests wash their hands immediately prior to using the tea and coffee facilities
- Winter Breakfast
- Removal of buffet style breakfast items
- Individual portions of cereal placed in covered containers for guests
- Hot food (porridge, bread, sausages, eggs, etc) served individually by staff to guests
- Summer Breakfast
- No buffet styled breakfast
- All food served individually by staff to guests
- Winter Breakfast
- Van Pickups
- Hand sanitiser provided for guests to wash hands prior to getting into van